1. The Santa Fe III build is a collaborative effort with the School of Construction at Santa Fe College, the Builders Association of North Central Florida (BANCF) Apprenticeship Program, the Student Builders Association and Habitat volunteers.
2. The home is built in two sections inside the Santa Fe College Construction Building. When the home is completed, each section is loaded by crane onto a trailer and then transported to the home site.
3. Home construction at the college has given more than 170 students hands-on experience in their classes of Construction Management Technique I and II, and follows an established curriculum.
4. Construction started at the beginning of the Fall 2012 semester and the house should be completed and ready for transportation in May.
5. The objective is two-fold: students become skilled in their chosen profession and Habitat builds another affordable house in the community.